Welcome to The Psychological Society of the Pikes Peak Region’s Website
The Society is an organization of professionals and students in the field of psychology and related vocations with common interests in supporting mental health professions through service, education and mutual support.
Benefits of membership
- Discounted admission to PSPPR conferences/events per year
- Updates on legal and ethical issues in Psychology
- Professional Networking
- Opportunity for members to market their practice on our therapist directory
- Online forums for members only
Interested in becoming a member?
OUR UPCOMING EVENTS!
- Diversity considerations in psychotherapy and gender Dr. Shaw, Dr. Feliciano, Dr. Johnson, and Vanessa Delgado MA & Dara Hoffman-Fox LPC will comprise the panel of our 3 hour diversity seminar on the afternoon of Friday, April 24. at the Cheyenne Mtn Branch Library. 1785 S. 8th St Ste 100. Students $5/ Members $20/Non-members $30 .
They will address:
They will address:
§ Definitions of gender related terms (i.e. gender fluid, transgender, intersex)
§ How assumptions of heteronormativity impact rapport
Discussion will also focus on:
§ How to recognize your own natural curiosity while still realizing that not all gender expression/orientation/etc. related questions may be relevant to therapy (i.e. being gay may not be related to presentation of depressive symptoms)
§ How to ask the “right” questions from intake onward
§ As a clinician, what do you do when your knowledge base is tapped out
§ Normalizing that it is okay to feel at a loss to know what to do, as many of us have had very little graduate training
§ Resources for working with diverse clients
§ Any other gender related questions +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Looking for a Mental Health Professional?
Who is on our current board of directors? (click here)